We had a great fourth of July. We started off the day by going to a parade. I was even one of those crazy people that set up chairs the day before. What can I say? I wanted good seats without getting there super early. Alex had fun waving his flag and looking at all the floats. I was surprised that he didn't mind the sirens.
One cool thing that this parade did was have ever state flag with a sign saying when they were admitted into the Union. There were also founding father impersonators and copies of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.We let Alex have one piece of candy which he just held onto. He wasn't too interested in it.
After swimming and naps we had a barbecue with some friends. We had steak, potato salad, watermelon, and patriotic Jello which I made:
We wanted to keep Alex up late for the fireworks but he wasn't having it. We ended up looking at fireworks from the parking lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment