Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

This father's day has been discussed and planned for a month. Stephen and our neighbor have been planning the ultimate burger. For five people we mixed 3 lbs of beef and 2 lbs of italian sausage. Once they were grilled we wrapped bacon around the whole burger.

 We then put it back of the grill to cook the bacon.
 Each person ended up with a one pound bacon wrapped burger. We also made onion rings and sweet potato fries. I'd never had onion rings before, and man were they good! I definitely see the appeal now!

Before I dug in this was my plate
 and this was Stephen's.

 They were so good! The sausage really stood out, but I couldn't really taste the bacon. I had about 1/4 of the burger, and Stephen polished off 1/2.  The men were all satisfied and pleased with how their meal turned out.


2 comments:

Kira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kira said...

Wow, those were huge burgers! How fun!