I have a huge distaste for doctors. I think they are mostly pointless and downright aggravating (for me at least).
I have been sick since Monday. It has been awful. I won't go into too many details, but I have been miserable. The worst thing was the stomach pain. Sometimes it hurt so bad that I had to squeeze Stephen's hand really tight, and scream, like I was in labor or something. Also, because I have been so sick I haven't eaten hardly anything. As a result I have lost ten pounds in five pounds.
I told myself that I just had a virus, that it would pass. But, on Friday night I am feeling sick as ever so I call a nurse and she tells me that I really need to go to Urgent Care. She thinks I have something worse than a virus, and I need help. Great. So Saturday morning we go in, and see a doctor. We spend all of five minutes with the doctor and he says I need to go to the ER. Wonderful. We go to the ER and spend five hours there. Yeah, five hours! And the kicker is, they didn't even diagnose with me with anything. They did all the usual tests just to tell me they don't know what is causing the pain, but they can give me some medicine to keep from getting nauceous. Fabulous, considering I wasn't feeling nauceous at all!
So my Saturday was completely wasted with geting tests, with no result.
Thank you very much for taking my time and tons of money for nothing!
Plus, the worst part is, I feel fine now.
3 comments:
I'm just glad that you are feeling better.
yuck-you DO have the worst luck with doctors. maybe I should be your dr ;) I'm pretty cheap!
OH my gosh. How aggravating. Sometimes doctors don't have all the answers!
Post a Comment