Have you ever listened to a song and it brought you back to the first time you heard it?
Yesterday while I was making Stephen his birthday breakfast he was watching Dances with Wolves. When I was younger my parents would listen to the music all the time. They loved the movie and would watch that a lot too. We would listen to the music on the way to church, while eating dinner, and when my mom was cleaning. I had flashbacks to doing these specific things.
For example I remembered one time we were listening to it at dinner, and the one side of the tape (lol) was over, and my parents wanted me to switch to the other side. Instead of switching it I rewound the side we were listening to. My parents told me I should have just switched sides because now we will have to wait until the tape is rewound.
In the movie there are a lot os subtitles, because the Sioux Indianas speak in their native language. Will, Jeff and I thought that was so cool, and decided to make our own language. We made up some words and would talk in our secret language. We also wrote our secret language on my parent's workout bench. I don't think they ever found it=)
Also watching the movie I was surprised that my parents let us watch it with them. There are some pretty gross parts. Luckily we were young enough that we didn't understand any of it.
1 comment:
So funny! I actually got the soundtrack myself (well, I think Dave got it for me) I liked it so much myself. I wish I could remember more things like you.
Post a Comment