Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waiting

I am now waiting for Stephen at his job. He told me to pick him up at 7:45, but some unexpected things came up and it is now 8:00 and I am still waiting. This means I can blog!

School has been good the last two days. On Monday my mentor teacher informed me I need to do a better job of giving examples on how to do assignments in class, so this is my new challenge. Tomorrrow I am teaching equivalent fractions, doing some guided reading, and helping the students use better words in their stories. I am also getting supervised for the first time by my university supervisor. She will come in and watch me teach for an hour. She has a sheet she will fill out, and talk to me about my lesson once I'm done. I am excited. I think it will be interesting to get her point of view because sometimes I think my mentor teacher tells me to do things a certain way b ecause that is the way she would do it.

I am definetly enjoying my birthday present. I have been watching at least one episode a d ay of Gilmore Girls. It is amazing how caught up in it I get. In the beginning of the season everyone was happy and things were great. Now there is more tension and problems, which makes me not want to watch it because it gets me sad and tensed up.

Other than that I am just hoping and waiting for it to get warm again. It will warm up in the morning, but then snow in the day. At night it gets so cold. I am grateful for a warm body to snuggle up to though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I am glad teaching is going well. Sounds like a great environment to learn in. :)