Saturday, February 9, 2008

More Student Teaching

I have survived my first week of teaching all day, barely. The first of the week went really well. The students listened to what I said. The last two days have note been so much fun. They are testing me left and right to see what I will and won't let them get away with. I have been so mean to them the last few days. I have taken away their PE. They are always putting their heads on thier desks, it is not fun. I hate being the bad guy. I wish I could be nice to them. But if I am nice they try to take over the class.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember when I was in school I was always a good kid. I never acted up, talked back to the teacher, was mean to other kids but when a large portion of the class was giving the teacher a hard time and the whole class was punished it didn't seem fair to those few who actually do behave.

Maybe it would be best to come up with a punishment for the kids who misbehave. Cleaning jobs, picking up trash, extra assignments? If you tell the first students who misbehave what their punishment is it may straighten the other students up.

Find out what other teachers do.

kelly said...

That's a good idea from your friend. Kinda sounds like having kids, too. They revolt, but in the end they respect you more for it.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Kristina! With time you will figure out what works best for both you and your class. Does your mentor have any ideas?