Before when I posted a it was because something fun or exciting happened. Well now that I am at home I am having a shortage of that, so I will just tell you what I am up to.
On Monday I did start nannying. It is nice to be making money again, but these kids can be beasts! They have gone through a lot of nannies because both of their parents work, therefore they are not as well mannered and don't respect me as much. If I ask them to do something as simple as change out of their PJs they will look me right in the face and say no. It is frustrating. At timed when they don't like what I say they call their parents and ask if they really have to do what I say. Their parents say I don't! It drives me up the wall, sometimes I think, why am I here? But at the same time it is a good experience because I know that in my own classroom I will have experiences like these. Not all the kids will be well behaved and it helps me figure out how to deal with these kind of kids.
When I get home I study for my two tests coming up. I am so nervous for them. It makes me wish that I had listened better in class and tried harder to retain everything I have learned. One thing I am grateful for is when we cleaned the attic out last week we found all my old textbooks and notes! This is such a valuable resource in helping me study now and when I am student teaching I know I will rely on what I have. There are a lot of lesson plans, and books on how to motivate and discipline children. I am so grateful that we found these!
I finally got my ticket to go back to school. I leave the 9 of September at 6:30 am. I wanted to leave the night before, right after I took my tests, but the price difference was like $80. This next semester will be a stressful one with me having classes from 7:45-4:15 almost everyday and having to work, but it is my last one, so that makes it all worth it in the end. After that it is the real world with student teaching, ahhh!
I am also excited to see Stephen. It has been five weeks since I have seen him, not fun! I am excited for the time when he will only be 3 hours away and will hopefully see him every weekend.
Other than that things are good. My dad is in Texas this weekend so it is just me and my mom. On Saturday we are going to the state fair. I can't wait!
1 comment:
The parents seriously say the kids don't have to listen to you?! Sheesh! I don't get it!
That is wonderful you have such a good attitude about taking the exerience to help you learn about future students you may have.
Good luck studying- I am sure you will do great!
Post a Comment