Wednesday, March 13, 2013

25 Weeks

So I figured it was about time to update my pregnancy. Some days it seems to be going slow, but when I think that I'm two weeks away until my third trimester I'm blown away.

The beginning of this pregnancy was terrible. I was sick all the time. I had no energy and could only eat junk food. Baby even rejected that sometimes. The worst part is that it lasted until about 16 weeks. I felt so limited, and that the baby was taking over my life. But as quickly as it started, it ended. I am back to eating a healthy, balanced diet, which is more than I ever could with Alex. I do crave sweets like there's more tomorrow, but I am doing my best to keep it under control. One benefit of this is I have gained about ten pounds less so far than with Alex.

I would say my one complaint now is that I get bad cramps which turn into contractions when I'm working out or active. Luckily they don't stay long, but it limits me, which is probably for the best. But for my stubborn headed self it is annoying.

The baby is getting stronger and I can feel him more. My placenta is in the front of my belly and so I can only feel movement in my lower belly and up by my ribs. Stephen hasn't felt him move yet, but he isn't overly eager to feel him either. He's content to know the baby is in there.

We are 99% sure of a name. It's a name Stephen came up with. With Alex I just knew his name should be Alexander, it felt right. I haven't had that feeling yet. So even though I really like this name we've agreed on, I am still waiting for that feeling. It may never come, but it feels wrong to choose a name without that right feeling.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Cramping is a sign you need more water, keep drinking drinking drinking-- don't let your pulse go above 140, etc etc