I have been keeping a secret for awhile, for 18 weeks to be exact. I'm pregnant, and we're having a boy!
I have been very anxious during this pregnancy. I was positive that I was going to miscarry. I have known so many woman that have lost their babies, so why not me? Any day that I wasn't nauseous, exhausted or emotional or I would convince myself I had lost the baby. Needless to say it was a rough few months.
When I entered my second trimester it didn't get much better. I had gotten the ok from my doctor to share the news, but my anxiety remained. I have known other woman who have delivered at 20 weeks, or when they had their ultrasound there was a serious problem with the baby, to the point that pregnancy had to be terminated because it couldn't survive outside the womb. I shared my pregnancy with a few people, but I was still half expecting to deliver terrible news to them later.
Two weeks later that changed. My anxiety disappeared and I became excited to have this child. I wanted to tell the world. What a relief! But then I thought, we have our ultrasound in two weeks. I should wait to share the news then.
It has been an emotional journey for me, but I am so excited to welcome a little baby boy at the end of June!
No comments:
Post a Comment