Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

Yesterday we decided to introduce Alex to pumpkin carving, or in his case pumpkin painting. 

He wasn't so keen on the idea at first. I put his hand in the paint and spread it on the pumpkin. He fussed and tried to pull away.
 Eventually he got used to it and got his hands in the paint and painted all over the pumpkin. He was having fun!

 The problem came when he tried to eat the paint. When I stopped that he wanted nothing more to do with the paint or the pumpkin. He did get a nice beard though.
 Of course Alex got paint all over me and himself. You can see how thrilled Alex is.
 Later that evening Stephen and I carved our own. I carved the one on the left, with the witch and the ghost. Stephen carved the one on the right, the skeleton face.
 Our pumpkins together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. Love the blue beard!

Kira said...

Awesome! Nothing like following the traditions!