We have had a fun weekend. It started on Thursday when we saw Hunger Games. Our friend got tickets for a Thursday night showing. Stephen and I haven't read the books, and didn't know what it was about. We were blown away. Stephen and I are tough critics when it comes to movies, but we both give it two thumbs up.The story line was intriguing, with great action.
On Friday Alex and I went to the new mall that opened downtown. It is outdoor with a retractable roof. For the grand opening the church (who owns it) went all out. They had musicians stationed around. We also saw a magician and two live statues. The stores themselves aren't too thrilling. They do have a Disney store, which was a lot of fun.
That night Stephen and I went out and got ice cream at Sub Zero. It is similar to Cold Stone, but here you start with milk (or cream), and the flavor, mix ins, then using nitrogen they make it ice cream. It is quite fun to watch.On Saturday we went to our nieces birthday party. Princess themed of course. We rounded out the day with having friends over that night. It was a fun weekend but with all these activities means that Alex's naps haven't happened when they should, or haven't happened at all. Plus he is teething which means a very grouchy Alex. No fun for us.

2 comments:
i'm glad you liked the hunger games without reading the books! brennen and i had an argument about the movie because he thinks that if you didn't read the books it wouldn't make any sense and would be a silly watch. i thought he was wrong. now i can prove it!! hope you and your family are doing well! (ps... i was just going through some old video tapes of mine and i have one of you sitting at a table teaching children. i think it was for byu-i. if you want it, i can give it to you!)
I would love it! I wonder what that tape is from, I don't remember that at all!
Post a Comment