I love Thanksgiving. Not because I get to sit around and stuff myself while watching football (although I do love turkey). It is the opportunity to sit back and reflect on all the wonderful things that I have. As you will read on my next post things have been rough for me recently and it would be easy for me to say that my life sucks and nothing is going right for me. So I will be a copycat and for each day write at least one thing that I am thankful for.
#1 My Savior, Father in Heaven, and the Gospel. No matter where I go, no matter what I do I know why I am here. I know that God is my father, and that He loves me. I am here for a purpose. Jesus Christ, my brother, loves me so much that he set the ultimate example of how to live. He also died on the cross so that I repent and live again with my Father in Heaven. The Gospel guides me on my path while here on Earth. It helps me progress, remember, and become better.
#2 My Husband. When Stephen and I were engaged I knew without a doubt that Stephen was for me. He would bring me the most joy and happiness. And he has. He has been the kindest, most supportive person recently. So much so that he called and made an appointment for me to get a massage yesterday because I was so stressed. He lets me vent my frustrations, help me solve my problems, then makes me happy and laugh like no other. I really appreciate him.
#3 The team of teachers I work with. The other fifth grade teachers are saints. They take my kids when I have had enough. They let me cry, after a hard day. We also work to resolve problems in our classrooms. They are fantastic!
#4 My Job(s). Even though I have been griping and moaning a lot about what I do, I really love it. I am grateful for the opportunity to make a difference in these kids lives, whether they are in my classroom or not
#5 Parent Helpers. They save me by coming in once or twice a week. I could not do it without them.
#6 Crocheting Yesterday I started crocheting again. It is soothing, and it helps me keep my hands and mind busy.
#7 Gilmore Girls Laugh all you want, but I love this show. I have seen each episode many times, and will continue to see them again and again. It is my favorite getaway show.
#8 Scampers, I have the sweetest dog
#9 Our neighbors. They have three dogs that Scampers adores, they let us use their carpet cleaner today when we got spaghetti sauce on the carpet, and they kept my husband occupied while I was away with my sisters. Plus, they are just awesome.
To be continued. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment