I love Saturdays like today. The sun was out, it was warm, but not hot. Perfect. I started the day by cleaning. I cleaned out our deck and the windows. They were absolutely disgusting. But now, the sun actually comes through the windows, and we can enjoy our little patio. Another motivation to do this was because they filled up the pond outside, and started the waterfalls. Our apartment has a perfect view of it.
Next we went to Gilgal Gardens. We heard it was a sculpture garden. Automatically I thought of the sculpture garden in Minnesota, and thought that we had to go. The place was weird, when we walked in, this is the first statue we saw. Need I say more?
And yes, that is Joseph Smith's head on a sphynx.
Luckily, we went to another park that more than made up for it. It was right by the capital. It was breathtaking. There were quite a few brides there and families getting their pictures taken. I am not surprised. I wouldn't mind getting my picture taken there.
If you went past the park a bit you could hike by a river. So beautiful as well.
1 comment:
Oh my, that sphinx is creepy!
Post a Comment