Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cooking

Recently Stephen and I have been on cooking a lot. We have tried all sorts of fun things.

First, I baked back bean brownies. My friend Kerstin found the recipe. All it has are blank beans, cocoa powder, sugar, and eggs. I really liked it, Stephen not so much. I think because he knew there were beans in it he wouldn't try it. If I told him I made brownies and he thought they were regular brownies, he would of loved them.

Stephen made his no bake cookies, but also tried to make round peanut butter cups. We'll just say that it was a learning experience for him.

I also made blini (crepes to non-Russians). I was too nervous to make it with rice flour, I'm afraid it won't turn out. But Stephen ate them and loved them! We've decided that we are going to throw a blini party. Who wants to come?

2 comments:

Kerstin and Josh Milazzo said...

Blini party sounds good to me!!! :) Maybe next weekend?

Melissa said...

I have been wanting to try black bean brownies for awhile but haven't gotten around to making brownies yet.

We would come to a blini party. I can celebrate my Russian heritage.