Saturday, July 11, 2009

As I predicted, this week has been crazy. Long school days with a lot of homework, but I have had a few highights:

1. I am learning so much! My first class is linguistics. It is so interesting to learn why we speak the way we do, meaning what we do with the mouth, tongue, and throat to form certain sounds. I am very interested in this class. There is so much I can apply to my classroom, and even myself as a language learner. My second class is second language acquisition. This class isn't as interesting, but I get to speak Spanish with a woman from Mexico. It is cool to see how much I still remember from high school. The only problem is that sometimes I slip into Russian. Oops!

2. I got my wedding dress! A woman from Minnesota came to Utah, and brought my dress with her. Thanks Diane!

3. Today I retouched my highlights, and got a haircut. I have been needing to do this for awhile, not sure why, but it was nice to go in after a long week and just relax and get pampered.

4. Fresh peas! My sister is out of town, and I am house-sitting for her. She has a vegetable garden with peas. I have been helping myself to them, and they are delicious!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You should have eaten more peas- I just picked a gallon bag full of them!

Mary said...

Hi Kristina! I'm excited to read your blog.

I enjoy learning about that sort of thing too. We do a lot of it in my voice classes, and I'll learn even more in my Fall Vocal Pedagogy class.

Hope your classes go well!