Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Last Day of Spring Break

Monday was the last day of my Spring Break, and was determined to enjoy it. We decided to go up to Antelope Island. While we were there we went on a hiking trail. I had so much pent up energy from not working that I wanted to run the whole way, but Stephen wasn't quite up to it, so we walked.


The views were really pretty. The pictures don't do it justice. The water was so blue, and the mountains so picturesque. Plus, the contrast of the desert island with the snowy mountains was amazing.
After we hiked we went to the water. I didn't get in because it's salty, and there are brine shrimp, but Stephen went it, and skipped some rocks. I built a sand castle instead. 

One thing that we should of thought of  was sunscreen. It didn't even cross our minds. As a result Stephen is a little burned, but I am red! All my coworkers and kids either asked what did I do to get so burned, or if I had ever thought of sunscreen. Either way it was so much fun. I can't wait till summer is here and I can do stuff like this more often.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Oh so fun! I wouldn't have geotten into teh water, either. I still forget about suncreen all the time.