Saturday, April 11, 2009

Catch Up


It has been a crazy couple of weeks, hence the reason I haven't posted anything. So, it is time for catc-up. We'll start with the most recent since that is the way the pictures came up. Spring Break started Thursday for me. Yeah! Stephen's semester also ended Wednesday so we are free as birds right now. It feels nice. 

Yesterday, Friday we went to the Natural History Museum with my sister and her boys. In two weeks the fifth grade is going ona field trip, which I am in charge of, to the museum. I wanted to go and check it out so we could be better prepared. There are a lot of cool stuff there, including dinosaurs. Who doesn't love dinosaurs?

On Thursday we went to the temple, which is always nice, but this time it was very entertaining. We went at 11:00 in the morning, thinking that there wouldn't be very many people there. There were a lot of people there, but they were older, so we definetly stood out. All the temple workers also commented on how nice it was to see young people at the temple. It was funny.
This last weekend was conference, which is always good. But out weekend was a little crazy than originally planned. On Saturday our niece got sick, and it turned out that she had appendicitis! Stephen's brother and his family had to go to the hospital, so we took care of their older daughter, Sariah, who is three years old. We had her Saturday night, Sunday day and night, Monday day and night, and luckily they were able to go home on Tuesday from the hospital. Stephen and I had tons of fun with her. She is so easy going,  she was up for anything we did. I definetly missed her when they went home.
On Friday we had our mission reunion. It is nice that we are able to go to the same one! The crazy thing was that I didn't know about half the people there. They were all people that came into the mission after I left. That was so weird to me. It makes sense though, I have been back for over two years. It was interesting to hear about the changes that were made to the mission. When I was there, they had about 100 missionaries, now they are shrinking it to 44. Americans are able to go bak to Russia, evidently since my brother-in-law is going there. They figured out a deal that the missionaries wouldn't have to leave for weeks at a time to get their Visas renewed. 
We are also still have not got our new car yet. The van is dead, completely. We picked out a car, but we have been waiting for the money, it is supposed to come in the mail soon, but we haven't received it yet. It is pretty frustrating. I am just grateful that there is someone from work that lives close to me so that I could get a ride everyday. 

2 comments:

LOLiTA said...

Enjoy your Spring Break! Oh, and I LOVE your hair color. Looks good on you!

kelly said...

I'd been wondering about your car. Hope it happens soon!
I'm glad you can say you enjoyed your time with your neice and can say you miss her. I bet you wouldn't say that if it were Easton....stinker.