Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slow Cooker

A few months ago I bought a slow cooker, and was so excited, because I have wanted one forever. But, I didn't use it for awhile because my sister, Kelly, told me she just bought a three size in one slow cooker and would give me her old ones. This meant I could return the one I bought, because I had not used it. I have been so excited to use it, that when we were in Alabama I even bought a cookbook that has tons of recipes for slow cookers. Well, Friday I finally got my sister's old slow cookers, so today I used it for the first time. I made a barbeque roast (the recipe is from the book I got in Alambama). It was so nice to throw everything in in the morning, then come home from church and have it ready. I must say that it tasted so good. I am so excited to use it more for other things.

3 comments:

LOLiTA said...

I love slow cookers! My favorite is baked potato. Wash the potato, poke some holes with a fork, and put in the cooker on low for 8hrs. They are tender and so good! Please send me or post the bbq recipe? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love making soup in the slow cooker.

kelly said...

I am so addicted to using mine right now!