For the Christmas break we went to Alabama to be with Stephen's family. We drove there and back, and boy was it long. We drove two days, sixteen hours a day. I was so happy when we arrived at our destination. We had a lot of fun, but unfortanetly our camera wasn't working, so I have no pictures.
We took the first couple of days to recoop from the long drive. It is suprising how much it takes out of you. Stephen felt right at home and loved seeing his family. I also enjoyed seeing my in-laws, but it was a little more difficult for me, because I don't know them super well yet, and I was at a house I didn't know well, and so it took me awhile to get into a groove, and understand how things go and what Stephen's family likes to do.
For Christmas all of Stephen's brothers and sister, and all their kids came to his parents house. We opened gifts in the morning, and then the boys had fun playing video games.
The day after Stephen and I went up to Chattanooga. We ate at the Chick-Fil-A he worked at, he showed me his high school, went to a Vietnam Memorial Park, and went to Walnut Street Bridge. While we were at the bridge we walked around Chattanooga a bit. I loved this the most because it was night, so the Christmas lights on the buildings were on, and the river looked so pretty.
The other days we hung out at my in-laws, and hung out with the family. In all we were there a little over a week. One of the things I miss is the weather. It was in the sixties, and so nice. When we drove home went from sixty degree weather, to snow in Salt Lake.
2 comments:
I am glad it ended up being fun!
It was good seeing you two!
Post a Comment