Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moved In!

Two weekends ago we moved into our new apartment, and we love it! It is twice the size and just nicer. I'll post pictures later.

We also had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Stephen's brother's house. We brought the turkey and they made the side dishes. We have never cooked a turkey before, and so we didn't know that it takes three to four days for it to defrost. That means that when we went to JJ's that the turkey was still completely frozen. We weren't sure what to do to defrost it so Melissa googled it and found that if you out it through a dishwasher circle it would defrost. So we did, and it worked! It was so funny! It also tasted really good too (after we cooked it in the oven). Melissa made excellent side dishes also. The only bummer was I had a nasty cold, so I didn't enjoy Thanksgiving as much as I had wanted to.

We also bought our first Christmas tree and put it up. It is a Wal-Mart cheapie, but it still looks nice. The only decorations we have up are ones that Stephen got each year. Kelly will give us some more in a couple weeks.

This week I got two more kids in my class, so I now have 25. My class is still really good, and are enjoying them.

In a few days I'll try and put some pictures up, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you thought my side dishes were excellent :) I hope you are feeling better.

LOLiTA said...

LOL @ the frozen turkey. Glad it was fun.