Om Halloween I threw my first party, for my class. I didn't have any parent volunteers, which was ok with me. We started out by having a Halloween parade for the whole school. The idea of a parade to show costumes is a little crazy for me, especially because I never did that growing up. It must be a west coast thing. The kids handed out candy, and we played some games. It was amazing to see my kids after they ate some candy. They were hyper! After two games I just let them dance, they were going nuts.
I dressed up as Russian woman in the army. Stephen had a hat, and same patches I pinned to a white button up shirt. It turned out pretty cute. I loved seeing my kids' costumes. They were all so fun. My favorite costume was a kid that dressed up as Steve Urkel. He had the pants, suspenders, shoes, and the voice. It was perfect.
At night I rested. Stephen was at work, and I was tired, after a LONG week.
4 comments:
You are such a fun teacher!
I did the whole parade thing and the elementary school that is attatched to the middle school where I work was having one on friday. They are so much fun to watch!
I remember the parades and parties all day in elementary school. That stuff is unheard of in the South.
Where are the pictures?
Post a Comment