Saturday, November 8, 2008

Catching Up

First of all, I went to the doctor and turns out I have an ovarian cyst. After doing more research on-line I fouind out that it is not that big of a deal, but it is still frustrating that I can't just be well. It is one thing after the other with me. It was the flu, then strep, then bronchitis, and this. I am a little scared to ask what will happen next.

I am proud to say that I voted, and even though the person I voted for was not elected I am determined to support our new president. I have heard too much back talk about Bush the last few years, and it needs to stop. I don't care who you voted for, if we do not support our President, if we are divided as a country, we will fall. It doesn't matter who is "right" and "wrong", we need to be united.

I was very excited to see that Proposition 8 was passed, but am so sad to see how the people that voted against it are lashing out. Two days ago many people protested at the temple in Los Angeles, and the last two days thousands of people are protesting around Temple Square. I think that this is all ridiculous and sad. First of all, the people voted and it passed because that was the wish of the people. Second of all it is rididulous to target us as the reason that it didn't pass, or that by the church supporting this means there is no seperation of church and state. I can understand why they would be upset. But, do they really think this will resolve things. In my opinion they are going about things all the wrong way, they should accept the vote. If everyone thought it was right, or even the majority, the proposition would not have passed.

Work is still going really well. I have the best class. I did get a little scared this week though. I had a new student come in on Tuesday, who's name was Angel. I say his name because he was the absolute opposite. He would be all sweet to your face, and then do horrible things when I wasn't looking, and blame it on everyone else. He riled up the whole class, and I was sad, I didn't know what to do! But for some reason he moved again, and so was in my class only three days. I was definetly counting my blessings there.

In fifth grade you learn about American History, and so we are having our own Presidential Election. We are going through the whole process, and the kids are so excited. This week they are starting to campaign, and on Friday they will vote to narrow all the candidates down to two. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

As for our apartment, things have changed a little bit. There is a rule that they can't hold apartments for more than fourteen days. As a result, we don't have the renovated apartment. Our apartment will still have the same layout, but the appliances and such won't be brand new. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found out what was wrong. I hope no other illnesses come up for you.

Anonymous said...

Ew! I had a cyst that was 6 centimeters once. That is how I found out I was pregnant with Victoria. They said that pregnancy gets rids of cysts naturally. It was soooo painful!

I hope you feel better soon. Are they going to do surgery or use a laser or something?

LOLiTA said...

Oh, Kristina! Not you too! I have had cysts for as long as I can remember. Are you going to have tests done? I know mine are hereditary; my sisters and I all have PCOS. I had Ovarian Drilling in April '05 for this, and I'm heading down the road for a repeat. :(

I hope you can find some answers.