Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quick Review

This last week has been so busy, that when I come home at night, the last thing I want to do is write on my blog, but I know I need to do it. I can't be a complete slacker.

School is still going really good. I love my kids. They are so sweet, and have such a desire to learn. I am enjoying getting to know each one of them. It is so much had work though. Last year wasn't as hard, because most of what I taught were things I taught while I was student teaching. But now, all the material is new, and I have to come up with new ways to teach everything. Thankfully I have a great team to work with. Also, there is another fifth grade teacher, Daryl, that I have bonded with. We switch classes for math, social studies, and science. He is so funny, and I love his style of teaching. I also have parents coming in and help. I have had one parent come in already and help me with reading in groups. I have another parent coming in tomorrow to make copies. I am so grateful for their help, and it is good for me to meet with them early on, and to get a good relationship started right off the bat.

I am still sick. It is so annoying. On Saturday I went to the doctor, because I had enough. She told me that I have bronchitis, and that there is not a lot she can do. It is not bacterial, so all she gave me was cough syrup. It works, but it makes me so tired. Within an hour and a half of me taking it I am out cold for hours. That doesn't really work during the day, so I have to suffer through it. She also said that I have asthma, which is making the bronchitis worse. She also gave me an inhaler, which I have had to use a couple times. I shouldn't be suprised that I have asthma because so many in my family do, but I still got a kick out of it.

Other than that I have been enjoying seeing old friends. Yesterday my old roommate and I went out to dinner. Then on Sunday Stephen and I went down to Provo to see his brother's new house.

Things have been crazy, but I am enjoying so much what I am doing that I would have it no other way.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Asthma, huh? I suppose it was only a matter of time. Glad you went to the doctor. Will it be easier the next years after you've made lesson plans once? I'm so glad you have good kids.