Today was the first day of school, and it was great! First of all, I have 24 kids instead of 31, but more than that, I have the kids from the beginning of the school year. These kids are so good, and I love that I can teach them how I want my classroom to be, and not get somebody else's students. The kids are so sweet, and so good. Of course I had a few ask me if I really am as mean as the other kids say. I also had one of my students come in from recess and tell me that one of my old students told me I was evil, but I didn't care. I am grateful for this fresh start, with my own class. I can set what is and isn't acceptable right away, and not have to worry about their other teacher taught them. I am very much looing forward to this year.
Another thing that I thought was funny is how happy my other students from last year were to see me. I got a lot of hugs and a lot of them came in and talked to me for awhile. I loved seeing them, and am glad to see that they were happy to come back to school.
And finally, the fact that I had a good day is a miracle itslelf. As most of you know I had strep about three weeks ago. I got my shot, and I was feeling better. When I was in Alabama I started not feeling so well, and it escalated to the point that I only made it to part of church yesterday, and was in bed the rest of the day coughing with a fever. Stephen and I never figured out what I have, but all I can say is that I am grateful for priesthood blessings. Last night I got a blessing and the difference between today and yesterday is like night and day. Today I have been on my feet all day, no fever, and hardly any coughing. I am so grateful for the priesthood.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you're feeling better and your first day went smooth. i hope the rest of the year is just as smooth as today was.
Hurray!!! Hopefully this year will be more fun than last year. I am sure you will be great!!!!
Oh I am so glad! I've wondered how it went. I think it's good you have a reputation of being mean, that way they can fear you for now and then realize how fantastic you are later. Congratulations on a great beginning!
Post a Comment