Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Field Trip and Conferences

Last week the fifth graders took a field trip to go see a musuem with a DaVinci exhibit. It was so cool! They had some paintings, but mostly his inventions. I had no idea that he invented so many different things. He invented stuff from war tanks to the hang glider, to equilibrium stuff. I don't know who enjoyed it more, my fifth graders or me. It was especially cool because whenever I think of DaVinci I think of the Mona Lisa. I knew he invented some stuff, but I had no idea how much. He truly is the Renaissance Man.

This Monday and Tuesday I had conferences. First of all, I was extremely nervous. Last year whenever I talked to parents they were yelling at me and blaming of all their kids problems on me. If they weren't doing their homework, it was my fault, if they had a problem with another student, the parent blamed it on me. So of course I was very nervous. But, they went very well. Most of my students are doing very well, but the students that are not doing their work, or are not following directions in class, had to take responsibility for their actions. All the parents held their responsible, and didn't assume it was my problem. I felt like I was part of the team, and not the problem. But I have to say that I am tired. I wouldn't leave school until eight o'clock, which put me at twelve hour days. I am so glad that Thursday is a short day and that we have no school on Friday. I need, I am so tired!

1 comment:

LOLiTA said...

I'm glad it all went well. :)