Monday, June 2, 2008

Almost Finished!

I am happy to say that there are only three days of school left. I am so happy, and I can not wait for the summer. I have learned a lot these past two months, but I am ready for a break. A break from some of the kids, but mostly from the parents. Report cards went out today, and one mom came in literally yelling at me telling me how bad of a teacher I am, and that I really messed things up. She was upset because her son failed all his classes. When I tried to explain to her that her did so poorly because he has so much missing work, she told me that I screwed things over. Oh well. The next few days should be fun. All we have to do is clean the room. On Wednesday we have a field trip all day, and on Thursday there is an end of the year assembly. I can't wait to be done!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Really? Please shake me if I ever start becoming one of those parents that blames everything on the teacher, b/c my kid is perfect. Hooray for the end!

Unknown said...

Niiiiice. Of course the parent has NO responsibility! I think one of the hardest parts of school is dealing with the parents. Sometimes they are worse than the kids. Kinda sad.

Congrats on finishing the school year- what an accomplishment!

Melissa said...

Sorry you got yelled at. Hopefully the mom realizes that her kids success really does depend more on her. When I volunteered with the salt lake school district after school program the kids who made the most improvements had parents who spent time going over the stuff they learned at home.