Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dog, Maybe

I have never been much of a pet person. When I was younger my family had three dogs, at two seperate times. I liked the dogs, but never wanted to take care of them, and eventually they were given away because no one in my family wanted to take care of them. My family weren't pet people and I definelty did not grow up to become a pet lover.

Starting a few weeks ago I was bitten by the baby bug. I kept on thinking about fow great it would be to start a family, and to be pregnant soon. Because of certain situations Stephen and I have decided to wait. But I still want a baby. I was thinking about this on Sunday, and it hit me. I don't have to have a baby to have more of a family, or something else to take care of and love, I can have a pet. I got excited about that, especially because Stephen loves dogs. But alas, we can't have a dog because of the apartment complex's rules. But, when we can get a dog we will, and I get why some people love pets so much.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I remember our dogs growing up. If I remember correctly, Mom got rid of them without telling us and you and Jeff cried at the dinner table. :(

Ashley wants a dog in the worst way, but we won't get one because I won't pick up dog crap every day in the yard the girls play in. But hey, you solved the dilemma- I will just send Ashley over to your house. Thanks!

PS You think you're baby crazy now? Just wait until Kelly's baby comes. Stephen better watch out!!!Better get a new apartment with a doggie yard quick!

Melissa said...

I would rather take care of a baby than a dog. I like dogs but I don't really have a lot of patience for them. The only pets JJ and I want are fish.

kelly said...

I remember that feeling from early on...except for me it was very very fleeting! I'll let you hold little man #2 as much as you need :)
And I second Karen on the dog thing. I get why other people love em but I don't want to haev to deal with 'em. So we can enjoy yours!