So first off I want to answer Kelly's question, what do I mean when I say he is too good for me. Well, he is just an all around good guy. I have dated guys in the past where I knew that I had the edge on them. I was either more spiritual, or I had more purpose in life. There was some flaw that I saw right off the bat. (Which makes me sound bad because if I saw problems why did I date them? Good question.) I know that Stephen was a good missionary because I served with him for four-and-a-half months. I have seen him in a number of different situations. I have seen his character, and how he handles things. He is very responsible, but also tons of fun. He is just a good guy, someone that I am on the same level with, does that make sense?
Last night after FHE we spent some time together. We went to Wal-mart and then went to Wendy's and shared a frosty. We came back to my apartment and we had the DTR-to those who don't know, that means Define the Relationship. We decided that we are dating. I am a little nervous because I know that I like him more than he likes me, and I am also nervous because he got off his mission a month and a half ago and has only been up here one week. I am scared that he is rushing himself, and that he will later regret the decision to only date me. Especially since on the mission we had no feelings for each other at all, well only friendship feelings. We will see how it goes though.
4 comments:
Someone in our ward were missionaries together. they new of each other but definitely did not like each other. Well, they are now married and have two little girls. Just a comment!
Thanks mom. We'll see how it goes. Who was it? Do I know them?
No worries, just enjoy your time getting reaquainted. If it is meant to be, it will all come together naturally. I think it's great that you are dating someone more like "you," and on your level. Yah, it's scary, but take it slow and it will be all good.
Oh, and guess what? Chris and I were only friends for quite a while before dating . . . and we are now married 11 1/2 years! It can still work if you aren't smitten from your first meeting.
I think it's great you got to know him on your mission beforehand without the romatic stress interfering. Lucky you! Plus, I think he'll let you know what he is ready for, and what he isn't. Ok,. I promise I am done now. I should just call you, huh?
Post a Comment