Tuesday, May 22, 2007

So I woke up to a nice suprise this morning, snow! Can you believe it?! It is almost June and it snowed! Luckily it has all melted already, but it is still chilly out. I heard that in two days it will be warm again. I hope so, I am in my winter coat!

Today our devotional speaker was Elder Merrill J. Bateman. It was such a wonderful talk. He talked about all the secular knowledge and blessings that we have received since the gospel was restored. It was so interesting because I never thought about before. But God does know all, and when He said in The New Testament that there would be a "restoration of all things" he wasn't kidding. After 1820 so much progress was made in the world with farming, transportation, way of living, everything. Recently I have been feeling bad because I am not as spiritual as I once was. I don't expect to be like I was on my mission, but I feel like I am so busy with school that I don't study the scriptures as I used to and don't feel the spirit as much as I once did. I realized today that that is okay. Elder Bateman spoke of how it is important to be knowledgable in all things, and I just realized that I have a different calling now. Before I was called to consecrate all my time to do missionary work, spiritual things. Now it is different. I am a student and even though I need to be spiritual and try the best that I can, there is no way that I am going to be like I was before, and that's okay.

Brandon and I went to devotional togethere, and now we are doing homework together. Well, kinda, seeing that we are taking completely different classes. But we are sitting next to each other. It's fun. I really think that I am going to stay here for Memorial Day weekend. I don't want to go camping and no one is going to Utah, so that means I can just have fun here. That's okay with me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Snow?! That is CRAZY! I am glad you are doing Ok and have figured out that's it's ok to be whre you are right now- some RM's never figure that one out.

Karen said...

Oh, and you better be careful! That is how Chris and I started out- long study "dates" at the library and taking walks. . .