Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kanab

Last week the boys and I were lucky enough to go visit Kelly and her family. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they boys did traveling. It was a breeze! We got there Friday afternoon and immediately Alex got in the sandbox and jumped on the trampoline. He knows what the good stuff is!
On Saturday we went on an easy hike to a beautiful canyon.


Saturday night Kelly's family introduced me to Despicable Me. Awesome movie! While the older ones watched Alex, and his 11 month old cousin Bridger played cars together.
At night when Alex was getting ready for bed Easton would read Alex a bedtime story, I would read scriptures, then Easton would say our prayer. It was the cutest thing ever.
On Sunday after church the boys painted the rocks they picked up during their hike. Luke painted Darth Vader, Dave and Kelly painted fish, and Alex used his artistic imagination =)
On Monday we went to a park. On Tuesday, before we left we went to the sand dunes. Alex wasn't quite sure what to do with it at first, but learned if he copied Easton, that he would have fun.
Funny story, when we left I didn't think to brush him off or check shoes/clothes for sand. While in the car Alex took off his shoes, and sand poured out of them. There was a nice mound by his feet. Then while making a gas stop, I changed his type. When I laid him down sand poured out of his pockets. Oops, lesson learned.
 
We had such a great time. Alex can't stop talking about "Esten", Luke, and Bridger.

No comments: