My baby is 3 months old, which sounds so little, but it feels like he has been with us for a lot longer. I guess it's because of the healing from the C-section, adjusting to having two kids, and all trouble I've had with breastfeeding.
Two weeks after Kalen's two month check up we went in for a weight check. He had gained 7 oz, which is exactly what the pediatrician was hoping to see. He was very happy until I told him that I'm supplementing 2 oz with every feeding. He suggested that I take brewers yeast to up my milk supply, but also said that some women just aren't built for breastfeeding. This is so frustrating because I would think as a women I should be built to feed my children. But, as time goes on I'm seeing that I'm not. My plan is to continue to breastfeed as much and as long as I can. I'm still going to wake up at night to pump to supplement during the day. But I only pump about 4 oz, so inevitably I give Kalen some formula. This is not what I want, but what I must do.
Kalen is doing great though. He is starting to plump up, but no rolls yet. He now is in 0-3 month clothes. Most of the time he sleeps through the night but every now and again he wakes up at 5 or 6 to eat. He is still sleeping in the bassinet in our room. We'll keep him there until he consistently is sleeping all night.
He rolled over a few times a couple weeks ago, but has yet to repeat it. He is getting stronger and stronger every day. He can hold up his head, and stand on his legs (with our help). He is learning to grab things with his hands, and can kick objects with his feet.
Although he is happy, he's not as happy a baby as Alex was. Alex would smile all the time. We have to work for Kalen's smiles a little more. He loves to coo and is expanding his range of noises.

1 comment:
He is looking so much like you, Krisitna. My mom had the same trouble with breast feeding. The doctor told her to drink beer, which makes sense since you need to take brewers yeast. He is so cute, which we were closer.
Post a Comment