Monday, July 15, 2013

Momma Morse's Visit

We were lucky enough to have my mom stay with us for a week. I am so grateful because I really needed her help. I was still in a lot of pain from the C-section and could hardly do anything. Her help was very much needed. 

Alex loved having his grandma here, and all the attention he got from her. She also brought a mickey mouse toy that I had as a kid. He loved it, and would carry it around everywhere. She also brought Mickey Mouse sheets and comforter that I had as well. Alex is in Mickey Mouse heaven!
 We didn't do much on the fourth. I was exhausted, and in pain. Stephen did drive Alex, my mom, and I to the parade. I wish I enjoyed it but the combination of postpartum hormones, exhaustion, people throwing our chairs in the mud, and getting hit in the face by taffy proved to be too much for me. Alex enjoyed it though, and loved getting candy.

 My mom cooked a yummy dinner consisting of pulled pork, corn on the cob, potato salad, and her famous cookies. After dinner I went to bed, and everyone else skipped on fireworks.

The rest of the week we stayed at the house while I recuperated. My mom was amazing and cooked, cleaned, played with Alex, and tended Kalen. She let Stephen and I go on a date, and between Stephen and her I got two sleep two nights. She really was a lifesaver.

The day before my mom left she treated us to pizza at The Pi. We just found out they make GF pizzas in a separate kitchen so there is no cross contamination. We got the ultimate veggie pizza and it was amazing! I am definitely going back.


No comments: