The catch is, in the pill is a baby tapeworm.
Everywhere you look there seems to be a company that says it has found the secret to losing weight. Take this pill, or give yourself this shot. Only eat cabbage for a month. I even saw this product on a blog
Yesterday my sister and I went to a GF Expo (which was not that good by the way) and there were about four vendors that were claiming that you can lose weight and look great by going gluten free.
Ugg, there is little more infuriating to me then people wanting to go GF to lose weight. I'm sure it's the same people that were on a fat free diet, and the Atkins diet. There is nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight and be healthy. I understand that all so well. Growing up I was overweight. I had to learn myself how to be healthy. But, I know that diets don't work. It is consistently eating well, and being active. It is the only true way to get and stay healthy.
So all those people out there who are going GF to lose weight, I'm not going to stop you. But consider first looking at the ingredients in GF products, then the price.
By the way, I am GF because of Celiac Disease. My life literally depends on it. Not because it is a new fad.
1 comment:
hey kristina! i'm just going back and getting caught up on some blog reading. i think this post is very interesting. i'm very into health and fitness and it makes me sick how lazy we as a society are. and in some cases stupid because i believe that everyone deep down knows you have to eat right and be active in order to take care of these beautiful bodies our Father has blessed us with; however, no one wants to do hard work. everyone is looking for a magic way out.
it's so tragic to me, because this attitude leaks to everything else in life. sometimes even gospel living. people want a quick fix. not something that's more difficult, but better for you and will give you lasting happiness. but people don't want to work for it. i'm sorry that you have to live GF because of being ciliac and then you have to watch people thinking it's some awesome miracle diet.
Post a Comment