When Stephen and I got married, he told me he was not picky about food. He would eat just about anything. This proved to be true. He ate whatever I made without complaints. I wasn't making anything crazy though. It was basic food. Chicken, hamburgers, mashed potatoes, rice; that sort of thing.
Further into our marriage I got more confident in my cooking. I mixed recipes up, and tried new ingredients. That is when Stephen's pickiness got put to the test. He was open to the new foods at first, like asparagus. He had never eaten it before but was willing to try it, and liked it.
Then I started cooking foods that were completely out of his realm of comfort. First it was quinoa (bird food), then squash (disgusting). I think the breaking point came with kale. To him it looked harmless enough, but the smell killed him. He wouldn't come near it. Since then he is much more hesitant to try new things.
It seems Alex is more adventurous with food then Stephen is. Solution, you're guess is as good as mine.
2 comments:
Love quinoa and squash. He's missing out. Way to go with being adventurous in cooking! Maybe you need to get him an Indiana Jones hat so he can get into the adventurous spirit of things. ;)
Some people in my family are super tasters. My dad is the worst!
Post a Comment