Monday, June 20, 2011

My Purpose

I am officially a stay at home mommy. I feel so blessed that I can do so.

A few days ago I was sitting at home while Alex was sleeping, and thinking that even though I am grateful I can stay at home with my baby I don't feel like I am doing much. I feed him, put him to sleep, and play with him for a bit. I didn't feel like I was accomplishing much, or contributing to my family.

Last Sunday at church, in Texas, I was feeding Alex. In the mother's lounge it had a copy of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. While reading I understood that my purpose is more than just to feed and watch Alex, but to raise him. To raise a child is much different than caring for one. I could hand Alex over to anyone and that person could make sure he gets fed, sleeps, and is entertained. But what I can do that no other person could do is teach him about Jesus Christ, God, and his purpose. I give him the love that only a mother can. I surround him with a feeling of security. I make our house a home. What I do, or don't do, affects not only Alex and I, but Stephen as well. If I keep our apartment clean and organized he can rest, relax, and enjoy time with his family. My actions will help the spirit stay here, or leave.

I have a great purpose, and I don't need a job title, or monthly income to prove that. Look at my family, that is my proof.

No comments: