Sunday, May 1, 2011

The good, bad, and the ugly

I am a mixed barrel of emotions today. The last few days have had some highs and lows.

One of the highs is of course Alex. He has gotten so sweet and fun. When he is awake he smiles and moves so much. He loves to be put on a blanket and squirm. He moves his arms and legs, while smiling and cooing. He smiles so much, it melts my heart. He is also very strong. He has rolled over twice already. Once from his back to his stomach, and once from his stomach to his back. We have to keep an eye on him because he is never still. He is still a great eater, and has become a great sleeper.

Another high is that last night Stephen and I were able to go on a date last night. A friend volunteered to watch Alex so we could have a night to ourselves. It was wonderful! At first I was missing Alex, but once I got over that  it was great. We went out to a new restaurant which was DELICIOUS! We went bowling afterwards where for the first time Stephen won. Of course it was also the first time we made a bet. Bummer.

Now for the lows. First is I got into a car accident. Luckily no one was hurt, but our car is trashed. Our front ends collided, and the neon got crushed. We meet with the insurance company tomorrow to see if the car is repairable, but I don't have high hopes. So of course I have to rent a car because of the next low. I have to return to work tomorrow.

I must return so insurance will pay for the hospital bills. If I didn't return for 30 days then we would have to pay for everything ourselves. Good thing is that it is only 30 days then the school year is over, and I can stay home with Alex for good. Let's hope my class somewhat behaves and I can last through the year without any tears.

No comments: