Saturday, October 23, 2010

20 Weeks

I am halfway through my pregnancy! My belly has been growing a lot more recently. Many people I don't talk to you often at work are stopping my to ask how far along I am. Some people at stores also ask me how far I am. I am glad I look pregnant now.

One problem I am having is my weight gain. I am gaining too much weight too fast. I know it's because I don't have time to work out (I have after school classes to at least six everyday), and my body doesn't like vegetables now. I will throw up salads. As a result I eat other not as healthy things. Any advice or suggestions on how I can slow down my weight gain?

5 comments:

Karen said...

So I haven't been preggo in forever, so take this with a grain of salt . . . Don't let yourself get too hungry- high protein, high fiber mini meals or snacks to keep you full ( apples with a smidge of natural peanut butter, string cheese, smoothies with flax meal) and treats that are low-cal, like jello or sugar free, fat free pudding with a few tiny mini-chocolate chips added for crunch.

Chances are you will level out soon, so try not to worry about it too much! You will have months where you gain a lot, and other when you don't gain anything. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Just like Karen said, don't worry about it. I gained all my weight with both Sariah and Rebekah during the last 3 months and nothing with Miriam during the last couple months - with her I gained all the weight during the beginning. If your doctor is getting onto you about it just ignore him.

Exercising is great during pregnancy if you can fit it in. I really liked using my gazelle because it was really easy to do in the evening while JJ watched the kids. You can actually have mine if you want. JJ hates having the gazelle in our bedroom and there is no room in the living room for it.

kelly said...

Coming from a super chunky mom...count count count calories! Math still applies no matter what you can/can't eat. That said, I know soooo many people that were super careful and still gained a lot more than desired, but lost it all and kept it off. So, do the best you can,and know that it will be ok. The weight really does fly off when you're breast feeding-promise!

amber said...

just let it go, pregnancy is the best excuse darnit! Enjoy the food while you can!

Karen said...

"Super Chunky Mom?" That is crazy talk Kelly! LOL

Just trust your body- it is doing what it needs to do grow a healthy baby! I know that is hard to do though.