Thursday, January 14, 2010

In the end

Have you ever had one of those weeks where things are just not going your way? Well, I am. Last weekend my grandfather had a stroke, and on Monday he passed away. This is so hard for many reasons, but especially because I have not been as close to him as I should have been. I let stupid things get in the way of having a relationship with him.

Second, Stephen lost his job, through no fault of his own. He had a stupid boss who didn't know what he wants, and so as a result he fired Stephen. It is frustrating, and lame.

Thirdly, my students test scores are not great. Their math and reading scores are poor. Some have even gone down. I feel like I have been busting my butt to help these kids, and they are just not improving as they should. So not only do I feel frustrated, but according to the state I have failed. Even though I have many low ESL kids, who are progressing, but not up to par, I am failing. I am so stressed!

I am grateful for good friends, family and husband. At the end of the day they make everything okay, and are support me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry all these things are happening to you. I was watching the news a couple days ago and they talked about how they are looking to hire 1000 people in Utah for an 8 month census job. They really need people who can speak Russian.