Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Am I the only one this happens to?

I have noticed that at least once a month I have trouble sleeping. For example last night I went to bed at the normal time, but I laid there and could not sleep. After about an hour I got up to read. I tried to go to sleep without luck. So I got up again to watch TV. I decided to stay there till I was really dozing off. I was on the couch till 2:30 am. To some people this is not a big deal, but when I have to get up at seven, and be completely on my game because I have to teach and watch 23 kids, that is a big deal. It is do frustrating, and I have no idea what to do. What finally put me to sleep was some cough syrup I have that makes me drowsy. I hated that because not only do I not like taking drugs, but I detest the idea of having to take something to sleep. What do you do when you can't sleep?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same way, I hate taking drugs as well. Try some cammomile tea.

Sarah said...

You could try melatonin, it's the chemical that you produce to make you tired, they sell it at health food stores.

LOLiTA said...

This happens to me on Sunday nights. I think it's because I don't really stick to my weekly schedule on the weekends. Plus I need a new pillow.

Sorry I don't have any advice for you. But it is, indeed, very frustrating.

Amber said...

I read a boring book, doze off every time. I also make sure I have enough iron. I notice when my iron is low I have trouble sleeping at night. Don't take an iron pill at night though!