Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alabama

I am finally getting to post about our trip. It was alot of fun and absolutely beautiful. We went to a lot of places. Here we are at a battle field. They built a tower to commemorate a battle fought on the hill. The tower was tall and my calves hurt the next day from climbing it.
I took a lot of pictures of the area for my fifth graders for when we talk about the war.
They had a visitors center and we got a kick ot of this confederate soldier
We also went to lookout mountain. There they had a railroad that went up the mountain. The steepest incline was about 72%.
With Stephen's brother we went to a couple of waterfalls, but they were pretty weak.

All in all it was pretty fun. I got to get to know his family a lot better and see where he grew up. I really enjoyed it, especially the accents. I am looking forward to our next trip there, whenever it wil be

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great that you guys went sight seeing. We've just been to the Chattagnooga aquarium, I'd like to go to lookout mountain.

Glad you guys had fun!

kelly said...

I'm so glad it was a good trip! I hope you soaked up the humidity and the green :)

LOLiTA said...

I'm glad we didn't run you off with the "Stephen" stories. :)

Unknown said...

I bet you really enjoyed all the historic sites with both of your interest in the civil war.