I have been doing some thinking the last few days about how much is changing in my life. On Sunday I am going back to school, for my last semester at BYU-Idaho. After that I will be student teaching in Salt Lake and then I will be working as a teacher. I am excited about this but also nervous. All of my life I have been a student, and soon I will make the transition from student to teacher. I hope I am a good teacher. The kids I nanny are quite the challenge and I know that I will have to deal with students like that in my classroom. Not all the kids will come from great homes without problems. Will I be able to handle a classroom of 30+ kids and make sure that they all receive the education they deserve? Do I have to knowledge and skills needed to do this?
Life is full of challenges, and they are so neccessary and am grateful for them because they have made me into the person that I am today, but what challenges are ahead for me? From my scripture study, church, and personal experiences I know that the Lord guides us and we truly never are alone. I am grateful for this knowledge that we can turn to him always. Even though I am nervous about the future, because so many new, exciting things are being put into my path, I know that everything will be okay. Every time there has been a major decision that needed to be made in my life, I knew what to do. I know that he will continue to guide me. I am still allowed to be a little nervous though!
3 comments:
It's Ok to be nervous! :)You will be a great teacher!
If it makes you feel better- Ashley and Paige only have 17 and 19 students in their classes and have a FT paraprofessional AND student teacher. I hope you will have that kind of classroom support as well.
Changes can be tough. Because it's unknown and not familiar. I'm sure once you get in, you're going to feel comfortable. You're going to do a great job!
It is a weird transition from student to teacher. I remember the first time I was "called to the principal's office" for the first time. I was a nervous wreck! I was surprised when the principal asked me there to ask MY opinion! It is a weird experience.
What will you be teaching?
Post a Comment