Thursday, August 30, 2007

Highlights


Even though you can't tell too much in the picture, I got new, lighter highlights. I have been meaning to do it for awhile, but the last couple of weeks have been crazy.
So I found out this morning that I was going to get off work at 12:30 because the family was going to the State Fair. I right away called the closest Beauty School (cause I'm poor) and made an appointment. I walked into the building and I wanted to walk right out. It was rather small and not very nice. They have dirty carpets and it just didn't have a feel of somewhere you would get your hair done. But I thought no big deal, it will be ok. So then I find out that the girl that will be highlighting my hair does not speak English very well. She was tring to talk to me and I could not understand her. Finally an instructor came over and asked me what I wanted. I told her, she told the stylist in training. The instructor told me not to worry, that even thought the stylist does not speak English very well she does a great job. While she was mixing up the die I was thinking that I could easily walk out while she was in the other room and all would be well. But I stuck it out. I am glad she did because she did do a really good job. She was on the slow side, but I would rather have her be slow and do a good job then be quick and be sloppy. The instructor helped a little so it would go faster, which I did not mind one bit. All in all it was a good experience. After all, what should you expect for a $32 highlight

1 comment:

Karen said...

How cute are you?!

I love 'em- and way to be brave!