Wow, yesterday was a crazy day.
Well for starters, me and Stephen broke up, then got back together. I had done some thinking, like, what is the point of us dating when I am going home in a week and a half, then when I come back for fall he will be in Salt Lake then I am student teaching. Impossible relationship it seems, just really bad timing from all sides. So I told Stephen all this, and he understood, but he didn't want it. He almost started crying because he was so sad. Well, the thing of it is, is he told me the other day that he really likes me, and when he said really likes me, he meant that he could see himself marrying me. I have to say that that weirded me out a little bit just because we haven't been dating that long, it is all really fast. So anyway, he begged me to not break up with him. So the plan is now that we will continue to see each other while I am here but then when I go home we will break up, and then when I come back out here we'll see how it goes. I am not putting my heart too much into the relationship because I know I am leaving, so what is the point?
But then to add more drama to the day there is this guy in the ward who I met at the beginning of the semester and would talk to a little bit, but we never did anything together. The last few weeks he has been sitting by me at church and flirting a lot. Well yesterday he said he was going to come visit me. He came by once, but I was asleep, so he left me a little note. I saw him about five minutes ago and he said that he stopped by three times to see me yesterday! Holy cow!
I know what mom is thinking, you are such a boy magnet, but I don' t know how I feel about this whole thing. I am not sure if I like it honestly. I ususally get nervous/scared/bored after two weeks, so that is why my relationships only last that long. But after two weeks me and Stephen are still together, and now there is also a new possibility coming along, which is exciting and new. So I have to decide, do I want to go with the new, exciting possibilities every two weeks, or put the time and effort into something that I have, but is not so new, but exciting in a different way.
I guess that I have to just decide what I want, no one can do that for me.
4 comments:
Ok, juts my POV . . .
Just because you are leaving, it doesn't mean you and Stephen can't keep in touch or be involved- especially since he is on your level and you seem to like him. Chris and I were seperated for a summer, and it was a time for us to figure out what we wanted . . . it doesn't have to be all or nothing! Seriously, if you feel you have a great thing going, give it some time and have some fun- there will always be be "someone" else you could date, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I say give Stephen a chance! If it is meant to be, then things will progress as BOTH of you are ready, and until then, enjoy and have a good time. You are too young to be so stressed!
Ok, my big sis speech is done for now. I just want you to be happy!
Thank you so much for calling and talking to me about this. I feel a MILLION times better, I know that I don't need to stress about this, and that all will be well. Thanks for listening to me vent and adding your point of view!
As always, you can take my POV or leave it- it's your choice! :)Either way is fine- it's jutsthat i have "been there" so I can ubdnerstand.
BTW, you are TAGGED! Check out my food website for details. :)
Sheesh! What's up with my typos?! Sorry!
Post a Comment